Monday, February 1, 2010

My Newest Bag Project

I have a stack of quilt tops that are begging to be quilted, but I am starting off on a new bag project. "The Long Weekend Bag Pattern by Touch My Heart Designs" has been calling my name for quite some time now. The pattern designer gives classes on making the bag at Lakeshore Sewing in Grand Rapids, Michigan. So, the patterns are usually sold out.

When picking up my machine from it's yearly maintenance visit, there were a couple of these patterns hanging on the rack. Do I need to take the class? Have I made enough of these 55 pieces, 25 pattern steps, pull-your-hair-out bags to do this without a class?

I'm going to give it my best shot! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth, Was just reading down through your blogs. Your quilts are just beautiful! You surely are a jill of many trades. Ann has just taught herself to sew-starting with aprons. I wish you two were closer so you could teach her the ropes. Love, Aunt Marlyn

    ReplyDelete