Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Cat In The Hat


My Cat In The Hat quilt for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library is all done. (Well, done when I put the binding on.) I'll sew the binding down tonight while I am watching the Detroit Tigers lose another ball game. After all of The Cat In The Hat quilts are shown at the fair, they will be auctioned off to raise money for the books given to little ones in Ionia County as part of the Imagination Library Project.

Now on to the next project on my list.

The only problem is that the list keeps getting rearranged. I'm really not sure WHAT is the next project on the list. Caris needs a bag like the big kids have, both Alex and Avery will be needing "nap quilts" to take to school in the fall. Rich is patiently waiting for his Detroit Red Wings T-Shirt quilt. I have only completed 2 of the months on my Civil War Tribute BOM quilt. I have not yet even started on my "Be Attitudes" BOM applique quilt for this year.

I really want to make another "Professional Bag" from my collection of black and white fat quarters.
I have about 8 quilt top flimsies hanging in my studio closet awaiting their turn on the frame. And, I am in the middle of planning a baby quilt for a very special baby due in November. I am anxious to start working on the machine embroidery little girl's purse from Molly Mine.


And, I really need new pot holders.
So, which project is next on my list?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Beth, You are soooo talented. I wish I lived closer-would love to see all your projects. You sure do keep busy. And by the way-who is having the new baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for your kind words Aunt Marlyn. We do not live that far apart you know! I would love to have you visit and play with my toys. The baby quilt will be for Marilyn's Amanda and her husband Aaron.

    ReplyDelete