Well, it happened. It snowed, and snowed and snowed. As a matter of fact, I think it might still be snowing. A rough measurement looks like 15" of nasty slippery stuff. I used to have a boss that refused to shovel the parking lot or the sidewalks. His response? "Get over it. It's winter! It's Michigan! Mother Nature will take care of things soon enough."
So, I spent the day inside in my studio. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked because, I spent a significant amount of time taking my Brother ULT machine apart. :-(
I had one broken top thread after another! I changed the spool of thread; I changed the bobbin, I changed the needle; I took the walking foot off and replaced it with the regular zig-zag foot; I took the cover off and made sure that there was nothing caught; I ran floss through all of the tension mechanisms. Nothing helped and it really looked as though the thread was being shredded! So, off with the needle plate. There might have been a burr on the needle hole and it might be possible after the last project I finished...... So, I spent a while longer looking for some emery cloth. I did find some and rubbed the burr out of the needle plate. It helped a little bit, but did not totally fix the problem. I guess I had better plan a trip to the sewing machine hospital. :-( Thank goodness I have my ever ready little Singer to use in the meantime!
All in all, I did finish working up one of the "Bubbles and Fluff" flannel baby quilt kits. It is soooooo cute! Pictures were taken for the shop and the quilt was placed in my etsy store for sale. I wish I could keep all of the samples that I work up!