Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mountain Lodge quilt finished



Last night while watching TV, I finished sewing the binding on my latest quilt. The quilt is "Mountain Lodge" by Janet Page Kessler for Bernatex. The fabric is from Bernatex' fabric line called Montana Modern. Here is where you can find the pattern.
http://www.benartex.com/uploads/Image/quilt-gallery/54H/montldg.pdf

The quilt, except for the center panel and the outermost wide border were cut with my accuquilt GO! The precise cuts made the quilt top go together very nicely. The quilting is edge to edge - bears, deer and pine trees. This is the first time that I have used Quilters Dream batting for one of my own quilts. This stuff feels great and quilts up "like a dream". I may not be buying any more huge rolls of my old stand-by cotton batting. This batting has certainly won me over! The quilt was made for one of my sisters as a "thank you" for using some of her vacation days to drive to Florida with me last winter. I hope she likes it!

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous, Beth. If you sister isn't totally thrilled with it, you can always send it to me!
    Barb in MI

    ReplyDelete