Thursday, May 6, 2010

On my design wall

I have been working on a sampler quilt for MONTHS! I now really MUST get it finished because it will be gift for my nephew and his bride when they marry this summer. The name of the quilt is "As Time Goes By". The blocks are all done and I am working through putting all the parts together.

I will be backing the quilt with a wide cream floral. I will use Warm and Natural batting in order to get a nice drape when it's on the bed. This quilt just screams for custom quilting so once it is together, I will get it on the frame and start designing the quilting.
As pretty as it is, I am at the point where I will be glad when it's done. Or, at least ready to be quilted. (It doesn't seem to me that these colors in this picture are very true. The colors are rose, burgandy, cream, light and dark forest greens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment