Monday, January 12, 2009

Heritage Collection from Moda

This is what Moda has to say about the "Collection for a Cause - Heritage"....

"Heritage is a gorgeous collection of Civil War Era parlor prints ~ the first in a series of "Collection for a Cause" prints. Moda is donating the proceeds from the entire series to the Gildas Club ~ a charity that assists those suffering from ovarian cancer, and their families. This first in the series ~ "Heritage" perfectly depicts the parlor prints of that era. Muted tones of popular colors of the day ranging from tan to gold, to blues, burgandy & brown are artfully blended."

The last few days, I had the delightful opportunity to work with a jelly roll and a layer cake from this collections! A Jelly Cake! I did add a couple of yards of fabric from the bolt of this collection.

The first thing that I completed was a quilt top, inspired by the pattern "Candy Bar Road" from SuzGuz Designs. With a little bit of luck, I'll be able to get this top on the frame in the morning. I can dream all night about what kind of quilting to do!










Then, with the left over jelly roll strips I made a neat bag. I used the pattern "Purse-onality Plus" from The Teacher's Pet
The bag has oodles of pockets inside and out and a nifty draw-string closure. Having no hardware, it kind of reminds me of a "prairie bag". And, just a nice size for all of your "stuff".

No comments:

Post a Comment